Skip to main content

Day 14 of the 30-day challenge on the New Studio experience

Our highlight today is the new built-in filter bar in Views. The filter bar provides a central home for your most relevant filters and makes them easily accessible across your View and tabs. You can collapse and expand the filter bar whenever you need it to focus on what's important in your View.

💡Tip: Use the filter bar to provide fast access to the most relevant filters while focusing in the View main space on information & giving enough space to charts!

In-built filter bar in Views

The new filter bar is great but our business users will never find it on their own.

I would like the filter bar position to be inherited in the published app or to be able to select a default position.

I would actually like the apps to show the filter bar default open (I tried opening it before publishing but it didn't go through.)

The new filter bar is great but our business users will never find it on their own.

I would like the filter bar position to be inherited in the published app or to be able to select a default position.

I would actually like the apps to show the filter bar default open (I tried opening it before publishing but it didn't go through.)

Dear Rita,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

• Could you explain what you mean with "the filter bar position to be inherited in the published app"? The filter bar should always show at the same position in the top right.
  • "I would actually like the apps to show the filter bar default open". That's super valuable feedback for us. I will take this a note with me and check whether we should adjust the default behaviour in the future.

Thanks again and kind regards

Isabella

Dear Isabella,

What I mean is that if I have the filter bar open when publishing the app, I would like to find it open when I go to the app page.

Alternatively, I would like to be able to set the default behaviour in the app, e.g. with a setting that states that the filter bar should be open or closed by default in the app.

Kind regards, Rita

Dear Isabella,

What I mean is that if I have the filter bar open when publishing the app, I would like to find it open when I go to the app page.

Alternatively, I would like to be able to set the default behaviour in the app, e.g. with a setting that states that the filter bar should be open or closed by default in the app.

Kind regards, Rita

Dear Rita, thanks for clarifying, it's clear now! I will take that feedback with me.