Skip to main content

Hello, I have a problem linking two SAP tables in Celonis. Below I'll show you a picture of my publisher. I'm following the error. One table contains my costs per CUSTOMER/ORDER NUMBER, the other contains my remaining liability per CUSTOMER/order.

Editor
Mistake

I'd like to merge these, but I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @steven.bernd , 

no worries, this is a common issue that many users struggle with.

Have you already visited the Celonis Academy? We have a great course called “Joins & Filters in PQL” that explains the underlying issue in detail and also gives recommendations on how to solve it.

In a nutshell, all your tables in a data model are connected with 1:N relationships. When working with two (or more) tables within one analysis component, there needs to be a common table between them, meaning a table that connects your tables and is on the N-side from both directions.
As an example, in the following screenshot the common table of A and B is E because it connects A and B it’s on the N-side of both A and B.

The error in your use case happens because your two tables are connected in a way that there no clear table at the most N-side. 

If you need those two tables inside one analysis component, you can most certainly resolve it by applying a PU-function.
More on this in the Academy course: Use PU-Functions for Aggregations

Hope this helps!

Leonie