Skip to main content
Is there a way to Export a Knowledge Model into a consumable and editable document?

Hi Sam,

you can do this via YAML: Knowledge Model - YAML Definitions (celonis.com)

The complete KM structure & setup can be defined via YAML.

BR

Dennis

Hi Sam,

Do you mean like an Excel/CSV file? Or something outside of Celonis where you would be able to change fields/definitions like that?

Hi Sam,

you can do this via YAML: Knowledge Model - YAML Definitions (celonis.com)

The complete KM structure & setup can be defined via YAML.

BR

Dennis

Thanks Dennis; however, the way I've been building the Dashboards within the Views space is via a 'master' wireframe, and then subsequent sub views, which can be updated respectively rather than an entire 'worksheet'. This also means that the YAML only references the KPI id within the code editor and not the underlying PQL. It's also the same at the sub view level.

My YAML code will be in the format of the second example, rather than the first below:

kpis:

- id: _open_invoices

displayName: "# Open Invoices"

description: Open Invoices

internalNote: This is my documentation for complicated things which is not visible to business users.

pql: COUNT(DISTINCT "RSEG"."_CASE_KEY")

id: OTD_KPI

displayName: "On-Time Delivery KPI"

order: 100

Hi Sam,

Do you mean like an Excel/CSV file? Or something outside of Celonis where you would be able to change fields/definitions like that?

Yes, ideally in Excel/CSV format so that you have the underlying PQLs for each of your respective KPIs. Similar to the Technical Document feature within Studio (link below), although, I've not been able to do this myself and wonder whether it may be due to my permissions?

https://docs.celonis.com/en/export-technical-documentation.html

Yes, ideally in Excel/CSV format so that you have the underlying PQLs for each of your respective KPIs. Similar to the Technical Document feature within Studio (link below), although, I've not been able to do this myself and wonder whether it may be due to my permissions?

The easiest way to do this is through PyCelonis/Python/Machine Learning workbench. There are functions within PyCelonis which allows you to access the metadeta within a knowledge model and then extract it into a dataframe.

You have to be using PyCelonis version 1.7.6 to do so but it is possible. More than happy to share my script if that is something you'd be able to do.

Thanks Matt. Unfortunately, I don't have the PyCelonis package, nor do I anticipate access to it anytime soon, but I appreciate the kind offer of support.

Your environment didn't come with a Machine Learning workbench? If it did, then I could walk through how to install PyCelonis and get the script working.

If not, not sure how to proceed and apologies

Thanks Matt, and no apology required. I appreciate the support. As a first port of call, I'll pickup with my Celonis representative. Thanks again, and happy coding! : )

Hi Sam,

Hello Matt,

I am looking into the best ways to generate a file as the one you mention in your reply.

I was wondering if you could still to share your Pycelonis script, so I can have a look at the functions you use for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Matt,

I am looking into the best ways to generate a file as the one you mention in your reply.

I was wondering if you could still to share your Pycelonis script, so I can have a look at the functions you use for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

imageYou'll need to import the json package, but the knowledge model is a list of dictionaries. I played around looking at the data structures. It can obviously be optimized and look better, but this was my pass through that works for the document I make.

Hello Matt,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the help and quick response! I am going to take a look at it.