Skip to main content

Hi!

Is there any list or documentation on the use cases when Skills are better than Action Flow or visceversa?

Thank you! 😀

Hi Salma,

you should use Flows as this is the "new technology" if there is no specific reason to use skills.

Krind Regards

Alex

Hi Salma,

you should use Flows as this is the "new technology" if there is no specific reason to use skills.

Krind Regards

Alex

thank you!

is there any capability that can only be achieved by Skills that we cannot do with Action Flow yet? For example, trigger via Smart Sensor or update a Task Table/augmented attribute

Disclaimer: it might be there but I just have not found it. Guidance is very appreciated (and upvoted)! 😊

thank you!

is there any capability that can only be achieved by Skills that we cannot do with Action Flow yet? For example, trigger via Smart Sensor or update a Task Table/augmented attribute

Disclaimer: it might be there but I just have not found it. Guidance is very appreciated (and upvoted)! 😊

Hey Salma,

I'm usually combining my Action Flow with skills, for example when writing back the data that are flowing through the action flow via the module 'execute process automation skill'. However, I do not use skills only by itself.

So I don't think one should consider those two functionalities separately but more in a combined way.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Julia Bauer

thank you!

Hi @salma.zeped,

As @julia.bauer mentioned, skills are used in tandem with action flows, but Celonis has stopped the development of skills entirely and are focusing on Action flows only.

In the new Studio experience, views allow also now to select which action flows you want to trigger (when clicking on a button for instance). So you won't have to use skills anymore in that regard to trigger an action flow. In that sense, I think Celonis wants to move away from skills entirely (but don't quote me on that ;))

Kind regards,

Sverre Klein