Skip to main content
Hi,
How to send data using action flow in the from of excel file?

Hello Ayushi,

I think this case is described in one of the AF templates: https://docs.celonis.com/en/send-excel-file-via-mail.html

You can find more interesting templates here: https://docs.celonis.com/en/action-flow-templates.html#UUID-2198488b-c11c-e1c7-65e7-224cc61a4344_id_ActionFlowTemplates-ActionFlowSnippets

BR,

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your response. However I want to send OLAP table data which is a kind of report in analysis to the users in the form of attachment(excel file) via email.

Hi Ayushi,

OLAP table data is data from your data model, isn't it? Then you can just query the data make an excel file (via ML Bench Execution) or add a table to an existing excel file (and update this for later reports). This file can then be appended to an e-mail:

imageOr is this not what you had in mind?

BR,

Marco

Hi Ayushi,

OLAP table data is data from your data model, isn't it? Then you can just query the data make an excel file (via ML Bench Execution) or add a table to an existing excel file (and update this for later reports). This file can then be appended to an e-mail:

imageOr is this not what you had in mind?

BR,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have already created an ML workbench to create/save as an excel file and send via skills and this is working properly.

I was just trying to create an alternative solution using AF. As I have 20 fields in my table and I would have to add it in query data module.

One question I am getting here is :

First module would be query data and attached to it will be email module. right?

image.png

This is exactly the same topic I try to handle in the last couple of weeks.

I haven't found any easy solution so far.

Could you tell me how you get the excel file created/saved via ML-Workbench? so were do you store this file? And how do you get it back from ML-Workbench to Action Flows in order to send it via Mail?

I have now also created the Action Flows by using the Query data but it is a mess.

You have to add all the columns again although you have an analysis containing all this information in an OLAP.

I am not sure if you can directly use Send an Email after Query Data. I think between both of them you first need to create a CSV file or anything else that comes as Output from Query data in order to send it as a file via mail.

This is exactly the same topic I try to handle in the last couple of weeks.

I haven't found any easy solution so far.

Could you tell me how you get the excel file created/saved via ML-Workbench? so were do you store this file? And how do you get it back from ML-Workbench to Action Flows in order to send it via Mail?

I have now also created the Action Flows by using the Query data but it is a mess.

You have to add all the columns again although you have an analysis containing all this information in an OLAP.

I am not sure if you can directly use Send an Email after Query Data. I think between both of them you first need to create a CSV file or anything else that comes as Output from Query data in order to send it as a file via mail.

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't created an Action Flow for my usecase, however I was trying to find an easy solution sadly I couldn't.

I have a created a folder in my ML workbench to store/save the excel file,my python script resides in the same folder. I am making HTTP call using webhook and triggering the emails via skills and in email data is sent as an excel attachment.

Hi Marco,

I have already created an ML workbench to create/save as an excel file and send via skills and this is working properly.

I was just trying to create an alternative solution using AF. As I have 20 fields in my table and I would have to add it in query data module.

First module would be query data and attached to it will be email module. right?

image.png

Hi @ayushi.ade12 ,

You can use CSV module between query data and email module and pass output of CSV as attachment in Email module

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi Kailash,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try that.

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 Thanks for sharing it. In your use case: the Modules 47+48+49+50 run as one action flow? I wonder how the whole flow look like, did you start with Trigger or with Query Data Module? What do you have before the router? Thanks for the tips!

Hi Marco,

image.png

@bunyod.sap - Action flow directly start with router it will not start with trigger but we scheduled this to run every week. And yes Query data model will trigger the query and creates CSV and through process automation skill we are sending email to end users

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 

It would be great if you can share me blueprint of the action flow. It would really help me in creating the AF.

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 , the date format is not correctly represented in the generated csv file. Do you know any fix for this?

I’m converting csv file output to base64 encoded in celonis process automation skill module.

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @Preethi P - Yes, i am also facing this problem, and trying to contact celonis for support. but for now i am converting into string and updating the file.

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 

thank you for your response

yes, I’m also facing issue only with the date conversion, it is also converting to string.

Also, In an email I need to show kpi values and also this attachment

but in inputs to celonis process automation skill I’m only able to see csv output. Any idea how we can see query data outputs as well so I can use as it is instead of getting those as an attachment?

Hi Marco,

image.png

@Preethi P - That is also a good idea but you have to use HTML coding in the Text aggregator and pass it to the subject line of Process Automation Skill

Hi Marco,

image.png

@kailash.potha12 

I’m enclosing csv output as base64 encoding in process automation skill. By using this method the date format output is not generated correctly.

Is this what you are asking about?

Hi Marco,

image.png

@Preethi P - Like you are asking to show the KPI values in an email along with The attachment which can be possible using HTML Tables, But for the wrong date format i have no idea how we can fix it

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 

can you brief how you have configured set variable and set multiple variable in this and how these output is considering in the process automation skill

I’m doing the same but stuck at this set variable

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @kailash.potha12 

I’m trying to use set variable and set multiple variable module. Can you brief on how you have configured this module? And how to use these as inputs in process automation skill module

Thanks in advance!

Hi Marco,

image.png

Hi @Preethi P - If you are referring to my above screenshot then i am using list of email ids and body of the email and CC list in the Set multiple variables because my recipients are different in each route This is not a mandatory component.

Hi Marco,

image.png

Thanks, I need to send 3 separate emails based on 3 different conditions

I’m trying to use router as the starting module but not understanding how to define filter criteria if router is the starting module

Hi Marco,

image.png

What i did in my case was this router will take 5 different paths (5 Regions) - In Each path region i passed as a filter in Query data component and used set variable component option to update the email ids, subject line and body of the email in all different paths. I am not sure whether this is best approach or not but it is working :)

Hi Marco,

image.png

Thanks for sharing!