Skip to main content
Hello everyone,
I have an action flow that executes an API request based on the selected data in the frontend. Different users per country should only see data in the frontend and trigger the Action Flow that applies to their country. Is that possible?

I think you should look at data permissions: https://docs.celonis.com/en/managing-your-data-permissions.html

Unfortunately, this is not mentioned in the documentation. It is possible to create groups, whereby they can then only either execute an action flow or not. In my opinion, the restricted data view in the frontend and the triggering of action flows is not possible in this way.

Are the action flows different per country? If yes, this won't work.

If they are the same, then I think this might be the right way. If you set up data permissions, you can basically pre-filter the data any user would see in the front-end, based on a column value, e.g. company code, region, etc. If they only have access to the data that applies to their country and they trigger the action flow from the front-end, wouldn't that ensure that they trigger the action flow as you wished?

It works at data model level. Thank you very much! 

Is there a way to add user-group-defined variables to the action flow depending on the user group or the underlying filter criteria, such as company code or region?

Hi,

That's doable but hard as it require to get the roles tables, but you can try other approach. fo simplified solution, obtain celonis user data from celonis and from MSGraph - that way you'll have id, emails, groups, statuses from users in celonis, and their respective company/depratment/country data.

That data needs to be pushed back to data pool and transformed to contain a list of values that would be filtered (like user X can see BUKRS/company code 1, 2, 3 but not 4) and used with data permissions mentioned earlier or filter data in Action Flow itself :)

Here's the old post that may help you how to get it:

Action Flow to Update Celonis new User Onboarding in Excel File of sharepoint (celopeers.com)

For getting MSGraph data I can recommend using Graph Explorer | Try Microsoft Graph APIs - Microsoft Graph, biggest problem may be getting User.Read.All permission from Tenant Admin.

GET request for all users in tenant: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/$count?$

Best Regards,

Mateusz Dudek