Skip to main content
Hello everybody,
Im struggeling with the analysis for my thesis of an ITSM process and hope there is a simple solution, which I just overlook.
Explanation: A service ticket is considered as solved in RESOLVED status, the status automatically changes to CLOSED status after 10 days, in any way.
So, what can I do to deposit in ALL analyses that these 10 days do not flow into the troughput time never?

DLZ.jpg848958 62.5 KB

Thank you very much in advance
Hello Sarah,
The Variant Explorer and Case Explorer will always consider all activities for the throughput time, there is no way to change that, other than to completely remove the activity from the data.
What you can do is to calculate a throughput time KPI using SOURCE and TARGET, which will allow you to ignore the CLOSED actvitiy.
Total duration from start to end, without the 10 days between RESOLVED and CLOSED would be:
DAYS_BETWEEN(
SOURCE(
"ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME",
REMAP_VALUES("ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY", ['CLOSED', NULL]),
FIRST_OCCURRENCE[] TO LAST_OCCURRENCE[]
),
TARGET(
"ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME",
REMAP_VALUES("ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY", ['CLOSED', NULL]),
FIRST_OCCURRENCE[] TO LAST_OCCURRENCE[]
)
)

Best regards,
Viana
Hello Viana,
thank you for your reply and proposal.
Your code works for showing a KPI in total, but if I want to use it for an OLAP table, where I want to show dimensions like single tickets, I always get the error message

is this problem known and can I fix it somehow?
Hi Sarah,
you have to configure the columns in the olap table in a specific way. Please find following posts that will help you with that:

From a specific activity to the "NEXT" one Codes & Statements

Hello,
you can use the following code:
DAYS_BETWEEN(
PU_LAST(CASE TABLE, activity table".EVENTTIME,
PROCESS_ORDER(activity table".ACTIVITY_EN) =
PU_LAST(CASE TABLE, PROCESS_ORDER(activity table".ACTIVITY_EN),
activity table".ACTIVITY_EN = A)-1)
PU_LAST(CASE TABLE, activity table".EVENTTIME, activity table".ACTIVITY_EN = A)
)
The first PU_LAST function returns the event time of the activity immediately before Activity A for each case, by comparing PROCESS_O

Feature of the week series #17 - Source Target Feature of the Week

Dear Celonis Community!
Take a small breath for todays feature of the week is a short PQL deep dive: Do you know the PQL siblings SOURCE and TARGET?
Use Case
You should, because they are incredibly helpful to compare attributes of different activities from the Eventlog. We can use them very flexibly to answer diverse process questions like:

How much time passed between two activities?

Did the same department perform two activities?

This last question is an example for the business u

Best regards,
Viana
Which formula are you trying to use?
Best regards,
Viana
Hi Sarah,
in addition to what @v.kalversberg wrote: The specific problem is that you need to wrap the other columns from the activity table in your OLAP table into SOURCE and/or TARGET as well. This is not required for columns of the case table, which you can add just like youre used to.
Best,
David
Thank you very much!
I do not know anymore
but at the moment it doesnt seem to matter anymore.Thanks