Skip to main content

Payer: Combined Number and Name Logic- One Payer Name can have several Payer Numbers, so Table A always shows a list of Payer Numbers/Name Combinations. Table B should show only the SUM of the Costs of the Payer name. The Customer would like to have in Table A Number and Name combined in one column, Table B should always show the SUm of the above selection.

Table A: Variable: Payer Number/Name Combined Column A, Costs Colmun B

Table B: Payer Name Column A, SUM Costs Column B

I think the solution could be working with variables: I added two variables: Drilldown_dimensions and drilldown_text so if I select a payer both tables respond.

In Data Transformations I combined three different payer colmuns and also three different payer number colmuns to one column. So it is not possible to select only the payer_name for the selection.

Hello, 

I'm not quite sure, what you ideal approach with vairables would be. Could you please expland on how you would use a variable to filter for/choose a specific name if you don't have a field with that name anymore?

Alternatively, I can think of two possible solutions:

1. You add a column with the name again in transformations.

2. There exist PQL functions which trim down strings (e.g. SUBSTRING, see https://docs.celonis.com/en/substring.html). Maybe using that you could get back to haveing the name and could use that as input for your second table.

I hope some of this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. 

Thynk you!

Best regards,

Bernardo