Skip to main content

Dear Celonis Team,

I tried to forward a filter through the URL in an View in Celonis Studio. I followed the instructions indicated at the followig doc page: https://docs.celonis.com/en/advanced--forward-filter-through-the-url--e-g--from-an-analysis-.html. Unfortunately, although it is described in the docs using a View, the function to forward a filter via "?filters=.....Base64Tag..." does not work and the filtered View does not open after inserting the string into the URL. I wonder if there is a bug into the function, because following the proposed gif in the documentation it worked well in the past.

Please help if you have experience using Views.

Hi Hugo!

Thanks for the question. To better assist you with your request, could you please further elaborate on the challenge you are currently encountering? Some solutions I can recommend right now-

1) Double checking the connectivity of tables that are involved in the filtering

2) If the filters are working in the Analysis but forwarding through URL in the views doesn’t work, maybe check by applying the filters manually in views to see if the root-cause is the specific filter or the URL migration.

Some more points to keep in mind -

• Since the input for the filter is derived from the base64 encoded filter in the link, the filters are static. Which means that it is not possible for the user to update the filters or get dynamic inputs to update the filters.
  • Using a "." in the filter statement string creates an issue in the decoding and leads to a filter statement in Chinese characters.

Please let me know if you require any further help from my side.