Skip to main content

Hi team,

our business would like to see some historical data from BSEG (as now we have the oldest data from 2023). We were able to apply filter on the extraxtion level on BSEG, that the GJAHR is 2023 OR KOART is equal t specific Account type that they had in mind.

This ent through correctly however the analysis is basing on BSEG and BKPF, so we would need to do the same corre ction in extraction filter for BKPF, but unfortunately the field account type is not available there.

The question is. Are we able to use field from one table (BSEG) as a filter in extraction for different table(BKPF)?

I tried to do that as a join configuration:

image.pngHowever it did not work - I did not get any data older than 2023, so I believe this filter applies only to joined table (BSEG) instead of BKPF.

In the Filter statment for BKPF I am not able to include fields from BSEG. evean after using joined configuration.

If you have any suggestions, I would be very greatful!!

BR,

Magda

Hi Magda,

There two separate areas for filtering in case of join.

1) Filter statement - to filter original table

2) Filter on joined table

Refer to screenshot below.

Kind regards,

Anatoly

Hi @anatoly.kibak 

Thank you for your response, yes I am aware of this, but none of these filter were able to resolve my issue. Does it mean there is now solution to filter one table by a filter from different table?

BR,

Magda

What is odd is the join configuration should of worked as you're looking for. Did you have a filter on BKPF?

Alternatively, you could build it into a transformation where you use a WHERE BSEG.KOART = xxxx in the transformation and filter it there.

@matt.witty13 Unfortunately we cannot do it on the transformation level as we can't ectract that much data.

Coming to the first part, yes we have also a BKPF filter. Can we have both in place?

BR,

Magda

Yes you can have both in place. So the join configuration aspect tells Celonis, "bring in records that appear in both of these tables matching this criteria (aka your filter)" and then the secondary filter on BKPF will tell Celonis "okay after you've filtered out the first step joining BSEG, now only bring back the remaining BKPF records which meet this criteria".