Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am trying to create a conformance analysis for the P2P process. The problem is that we don't have one process model for it since it is a really complex process with multiple sub-levels. I already have the high level process model and its sub-levels, but they are on separate files and I can't upload them all on Celonis for Conformance Analysis.

Are there any suggestions on how to address this and perform a conformance analysis for a complex process such as the P2P process?

Thank you!

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently there's no out-of-box solution for that - you'll have to integrate smaller bits into, one big process containing all sub-levels. We're waiting for more news and access for former Symbio-Celonis integration. I think that if the process model files are standard BPMN and the naming is correct maybe it could be done automatically with some kind of Python script.

Are you able to post a few sample files containing very simple representation of your problem?

Example:

File 1: Start > High_level_process_1 > Hight_level_process_2 > End

File 2 (High_level_process_1): Start > Activity_1 > Activity 2 > End

File 3 (High_level_process_2): Start > Activity_3 > Activity_4 > End

I could make take a look into a structure, and If that possible to create some script for that.

Best Regards,

Mateusz Dudek

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently there's no out-of-box solution for that - you'll have to integrate smaller bits into, one big process containing all sub-levels. We're waiting for more news and access for former Symbio-Celonis integration. I think that if the process model files are standard BPMN and the naming is correct maybe it could be done automatically with some kind of Python script.

Are you able to post a few sample files containing very simple representation of your problem?

Example:

File 1: Start > High_level_process_1 > Hight_level_process_2 > End

I could make take a look into a structure, and If that possible to create some script for that.

Best Regards,

Mateusz Dudek

Hi Mateusz,

The files that I have are in the same structure that you provided in the example

File 1: Start > High_level_process_1 (ex. Procure) > Hight_level_process_2 (ex. Pay)> End

File 4 (Activity_2): Start > Activity_2_1 > Activity_2_2 > End

File 5 (Activity_3): Start > Activity_3_1 > Activity_3_2 > End

We have between 3-5 sub-levels for the High level process activities (ex. Procure & Pay).

If they are all merged with some script, will they be of good modeling quality for Celonis Conformance to work on?

Thank you!

Hi Mateusz,

The files that I have are in the same structure that you provided in the example

File 1: Start > High_level_process_1 (ex. Procure) > Hight_level_process_2 (ex. Pay)> End

We have between 3-5 sub-levels for the High level process activities (ex. Procure & Pay).

If they are all merged with some script, will they be of good modeling quality for Celonis Conformance to work on?

Thank you!

Hi Nourhan,

That's exactly a big unknown, and that's why I wanted some samples just to check it, as the topic is interesting iteslf, and some of our clients could potentially have the same issue.

File-samples may contain just a dummy activity names, they just should match each other. If you would be able to provide even 3 layers (High_level_process + mid_level_process + low_low_level process), that would allow for creating kind of 'recursive" script, going down into layers.

I think if they will be merged, that should be fine as long as file structure will be correct.

Final usability and general outcome will depend on factors like:

A) How many activities in BPMN process and in actual data there is - it will be much easier to analyze 20 activities than 150

B) Question is if single activities in most detail bpmn diagrams will match with celonis activity names. In that case they would need to be mapped or changed (either in diagrams or in transformations).

Best Regards,

Mateusz Dudek

Hi Mateusz,

Thank you!

Hi Mateusz,

Unfortunately I don't have the license so that i create some dummy files. I will try to create a script to merge the files and will check if it work. I will publish here what I have reached.

Thank you!