Skip to main content
may I know what is the definition of case selected on top left of the analysis and how can it be determined?

Hi Junwei,

The "case selected" feature on the top left shows the total number of selected cases.

Example, in the O2C process, it could refer to the total number of sales document items data loaded into the UI.

Initially, this number represent/shows 100% meaning the entire set of cases without any filters or selections. You might see these numbers or percentages decreasing depending on the selected data in the analysis or filters applied!

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have further questions

Hi Junwei,

The "case selected" feature on the top left shows the total number of selected cases.

Example, in the O2C process, it could refer to the total number of sales document items data loaded into the UI.

Initially, this number represent/shows 100% meaning the entire set of cases without any filters or selections. You might see these numbers or percentages decreasing depending on the selected data in the analysis or filters applied!

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have further questions

Hi Modester, thanks for the explanation.

In that case, Case Selected will always be using Sales Document Item to display the total number into the UI as Sales Document Item is the Central data among other table in the O2C process.

If I add filter or selections for example filter Delivery Order Item Creation Date, the numbers or percentage will lesser but the case selected number is still based around Sales Document Item.

Is my understanding correct? Thanks.

Hi Junwei,

Yes, you are correct. Depending on your process model (case table defined), the "Case Selected" will always display the total number based on the Sales Document Item if that is defined as the central data in the O2C process.

In our case for O2C, we have assumed that the Sales Document Item is the case table (central data among other tables) in our Data Model. This is what is being displayed in the analysis of selected cases.

When you apply a filter, for example, on the Delivery Order Item Creation Date, the number and percentage of selected cases will change, but the basis of the case selection remains the same. It is still based on the defined case table in the data model unless you change it in your data model.

I hope this helps.

Hi Junwei,

Yes, you are correct. Depending on your process model (case table defined), the "Case Selected" will always display the total number based on the Sales Document Item if that is defined as the central data in the O2C process.

In our case for O2C, we have assumed that the Sales Document Item is the case table (central data among other tables) in our Data Model. This is what is being displayed in the analysis of selected cases.

When you apply a filter, for example, on the Delivery Order Item Creation Date, the number and percentage of selected cases will change, but the basis of the case selection remains the same. It is still based on the defined case table in the data model unless you change it in your data model.

I hope this helps.

Hi Modester,

Thanks for your explanation, it helps me get a better understanding of how it is displayed in "case selected" for O2C process. 😀