Skip to main content
Weve got the challenge that one data model (for O2C) is used by several different business areas like Sales, Logistics or Finance. Every business area likes to get their specific process activities defined in the data model and number of activities increases significantly.
In order to avoid that every business area needs to deal with very detailed activities they are not interested in Id like to provide a customized data model for each business area just showing their relevant process activities.
Due to license restrictions we could not simply multiply the data model. Now Im looking for ideas how to solve this issue.
I think this is a good idea. I am thinking this could be achieved with something like the authorization objects, but on an activity level. That way activities could be excluded for certain users/groups in a targeted manner.
Kind regards,
Philipp
Hi ojoeres,
We are having a similar use case (1 big data model, used for different dashboards).
One thing you could also do is set a dashboard wide filter to restrict the activities (/cases) included per dashboard without modifying/duplicating the data model.
Hope this helps!
Dear joosbuijs,
thanks for the hint, will check on this. The tricky thing is to filter out certain activities without filtering out all related cases, means I still would like to see all cases but certain activities not.
Maybe this topic would be helpful for that:

How to Filter Out Activities of Cases Based on the Timestamp? Analysis

I am trying to filter out activities from cases that take place earlier/later than a user given timestamp.
As of now, I have tried it with the P2P example without any success.
The steps that I took are the following:
In order to make my example simpler, I went to the Case Explorer page and chose only the CASE ID -> 143365
While clicking on this Case I saw 6 activities (Create Purchase Requisition Item, Create Purchase Order Item, Send Purchase Order, Receive Goods, Scan Invoice, Book Invoice)
Hi joosbuijs, Philipp
I have the same situation in which I share a data model with different functional areas with different interest on activity level.
Does Celonis 4.5 have a feature to filter out activities based on role or pre-customizing? I read that Philipp commented about new authorization objects on activity level. Do you have the concept designed and can be shared?
Best regards
Isabel