Skip to main content

Hi All,'

In the past couple of days we are facing an issue in the ML workbench, while running a specific python code which is long and also complex , the kernel suddenly becomes unknown from the busy state due to which we have to rerun the code again from the beginning and this goes on happening as a loop ,we have raised a ticket regarding this to celopeers, but would also like to know if someone had faced this issue before.

Hi Akshay,

Have you tried to run in in other VM? Also, are you able after what runtime it becomes unresponsive? I would suggest activate logger at Debug lever with logging to file option if available - you won't be limited to problems with output window which can not function as intended after output is very big, or runtime is very long.

Best Regards,

M.D.

Hi Akhsay,

most likely this is due to an out of memory issue. Therefore, reducing the amount of data you use/processing it in batches in the ML workbench should solve the issue.

Best regards,

Simon

Hi Mateusz,

I have already activated the logger at debug level, but there also I couldn't find any info regarding the kernel becoming unknown. I could only see the last line were the code got executed which I think has no effect on this issue. Is there any chance that the workbench is corrupted?

Thanks,

Akshay

Hi Akhsay,

most likely this is due to an out of memory issue. Therefore, reducing the amount of data you use/processing it in batches in the ML workbench should solve the issue.

Best regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your suggestion. But the workbench I am using doesn't give me insights about how much memory/disk space has been used is it something that I have to discuss with celonis or can we find a solution for this by our own. image.png