Throughput time for process explorer based on customized Calendar

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me with the correct display of the throughput times in the process explorer.

I have activated the customized Calendar in the Event Collection from Mo-Fr from 7 AM to 7 PM.
But the throughput time in days in the Process Explorer is summed up to a day with 24 hours (but I want to calculate it with my working days with 12 hours).

I hope you can help me, how can I change this setting?

1 Like

Hi Julia,

You can change the display from days to hours by hovering over this symbol in the process explorer (top left corner)
(at least, in CPM 4.6, not sure about the IBC)

Hi jossbuijs,

Thank you for the tip but my problem is the calculation for days in the Process Explorer.
For example:
I have a customized calendar from 7 AM to 7 PM (a 12 hour day).
984 hours are between two activities in the process explorer but when I change hours too days the display shows only 41 days (based on a 24 hour days) and not 82 days (based on my customized calendar).

But I want the consistency over every analysis so my question is how can I change the display to 82 days in the process explorer based on my customized calendar?

Hi Julia,

you can create a custom connection KPI (Analysis Settings -> Process Explorer KPIs, create a new one, and create a new Connection KPI). The new connection KPI looks like this:

AVG( 
TARGET(
REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("Activities"."Timestamp", seconds , MONDAY 07:00 - 19:00 TUESDAY 07:00 - 19:00 WEDNESDAY 07:00 - 19:00 THURSDAY 07:00 - 19:00 FRIDAY 07:00 - 19:00) 
) - 
SOURCE (
REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("Activities"."Timestamp", seconds , MONDAY 07:00 - 19:00 TUESDAY 07:00 - 19:00 WEDNESDAY 07:00 - 19:00 THURSDAY 07:00 - 19:00 FRIDAY 07:00 - 19:00) 
)
) / (60*60*12)

Here the throughput time is first calculated in seconds. We then divide by 60 * 60 * 12, and the 12 is the important bit here. By this, we say that a day has only 12 hours.
Of course you can change the aggregation function if you want something other than the AVG.

Best
David

Hi David,

thank you for your answer, it worked.
But is there a way to have a custom KPI view including the selection between minutes/hours/days in the configuration as it is the case with the standardized process explorer options?

Best,
Julia

Hi Julia,

unfortunately, this is not possible currently, so you would need to create a separate edge KPI for every time unit.

But I will forward this as a feature request.

Best
David