Ignoring the troughput Time of a specific activity

Hello everybody,

I’m struggeling with the analysis for my thesis of an ITSM process and hope there is a simple solution, which I just overlook.

Explanation: A service ticket is considered as solved in RESOLVED status, the status automatically changes to CLOSED status after 10 days, in any way.

So, what can I do to deposit in ALL analyses that these 10 days do not flow into the troughput time… never?

Thank you very much in advance

Hello Sarah,
The Variant Explorer and Case Explorer will always consider all activities for the throughput time, there is no way to change that, other than to completely remove the activity from the data.
What you can do is to calculate a throughput time KPI using SOURCE and TARGET, which will allow you to ignore the “CLOSED” actvitiy.
Total duration from start to end, without the 10 days between “RESOLVED” and “CLOSED” would be:

DAYS_BETWEEN(
        SOURCE(
                "ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", 
                REMAP_VALUES("ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY", ['CLOSED', NULL]), 
                FIRST_OCCURRENCE[] TO LAST_OCCURRENCE[]
        ),
        TARGET(
                "ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", 
                REMAP_VALUES("ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY", ['CLOSED', NULL]), 
                FIRST_OCCURRENCE[] TO LAST_OCCURRENCE[]
        )
)

Best regards,
Viana

3 Likes

Hello Viana,

thank you for your reply and proposal.

Your code works for showing a KPI in total, but if I want to use it for an OLAP table, where I want to show dimensions like single tickets, I always get the error message

is this problem known and can I fix it somehow?

By the way, anyone have an idea in what case of creating formula such an error message appears?

error2