Ignoration of user type for specified activities

Hi,

I searching for a filter formula for excluding the user type of activities.
You know, behind every activity there is a user type (manual, automatic). For a KPI I need to exclude some activities (because they are already fully automated and there is nothing to improve), but the number of the sales order items should not be changed.
At the moment, I use this formula: FILTER “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN” NOT IN (‘AV: Create Sales Order Item (EDI)’);

Is there any formula excluding activities without affecting the number of sales order items?

Thanks,
Carina

2 Likes

Hi Carina,

The component filters are working on case level, not on activities level.

That means that you can remove cases passing through certain activities, but you cannot remove activities from cases.

What you can do however is to change the definition of your KPI, to not count the fully automated activities.

Best,
Viana

1 Like

Dear Carina,
I do not know exactly in detail how the PQL was written, but what we have done is following:

• no filter on activities at all…
  • but we grouped activities into “Standard” (33 activities) and “Others” (44 different activities).
  • Our KPI definition has remained same, however, the selection by activities updates the KPI.
    –> thus, we have a Digital FIT Rate “Standard”, “Others”, or “all-in” because of the variant grouping the activities.

If you need more support, I can ask my IT colleague who is also part of this forum :wink:
cheers
Thi

1 Like

Hi Carina,

you might want to check this answer to a similar question. You can calculate a KPI on one column and filter based on another (this is your dimension then) by mapping values to NULL and then filtering them out. See this simple example where I create the sum of the sorting values. With the filter I can ignore the ‘skiing’ row.

Here is the filter code:

FILTER ISNULL( REMAP_VALUES( "Eventlog"."Activity" , ['skiing',NULL]))=0;

Can you apply it for your example? Kind regards,
Max

Other option can be to use CASE in KPI calculation. Null values bill be ignored both by AVG and COUNT aggregations. This will be bit easier to read as full formula is in one field.

Dear Carina,

We had a similar problem and probably someting you have not “discovered” yet…
Quite a few activities are automated by customising the system but are executed by a “dialog user”. Sometime this is done with a delay of a few seconds. We use a 20 sec. rule for such known transitions.
Below you find an example:
“The sending out of the purchase papers is done automatically as soon as a dialog user saves the purchase order”. Depending on the systemload of SAP this can take as much as 20 seconds. Of course, the drawback is when you make this period to long, a manual sending out of purchase papers is seen as automatic. A Histogram of this transition can tell you what makes sense… (At least that is how we analyse this)

The formular for the calculation of automation looks like below.
As you see we never use the usertype. The reason for that is that as soon as a user goes away from the company we loose the Dialogtype information within the SAP ERP system… (The CUA is not within ERP System but in a seperate system)

KPI(“Act: Automation Rate”)

Saved formula**: Act: Automation Rate**
100.0 * SUM(PU_SUM(“VBAP”, “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_COUNT”*KPI(“Automated Work”)))
/SUM(PU_SUM(“VBAP”, “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_COUNT”))

Variable Automated_Work
=> CASE
WHEN ("_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“USER_NAME” LIKE ‘WF%’
OR “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“USER_NAME” LIKE ‘S%’
OR “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“USER_NAME” LIKE ‘R%’
OR “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“USER_NAME” LIKE ‘C%’
OR “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“USER_NAME” LIKE ‘J%’) THEN 1
WHEN “_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Purchasing: Send Purchase Order’
AND ISNULL( SECONDS_BETWEEN(
PU_MIN(VBAP,"_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“EVENTTIME”,"_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Purchasing: Create Purchase Order Item’ ),
“_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”)) = 1 THEN 0
WHEN ("_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Purchasing: Send Purchase Order’ AND
SECONDS_BETWEEN(
PU_MIN(VBAP,"_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“EVENTTIME”,"_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES".“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Purchasing: Create Purchase Order Item’ ),
“_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”) < 20 AND
SECONDS_BETWEEN(
“_CEL_O2C_ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”) >= 0)
THEN 1

You can extend the code with any transition or lower / exent the 20 Seconds

In a seperate post I will explain how to find theses transitions…

Have :grinning:!

Hans

2 Likes