What is the raw data export limit?

Hi,

does anybody of you know the maximum number of lines for an excel export? (Raw data export limit)

I had the problem, that I wrote a 1 with many many 0 and Celonis changed it into e.g. 1e+21. It seems like Celonis changes big numbers automtically into komplex numbers, but can’t handle this format. After this, an export is impossible. I got a big red error message and failure code: 500.

Thanks,
Carina

Dear Carina,

the default Raw data export limit in the Celonis Application is 20 000.
You can easily change this, when in Edit Mode - Analysis Settings - General Settings.
See Screenshot:

I got a big red error message and failure code: 500

Does this appear when you try to export in general, or only when you try to export in .xls?

Best,
David

Hi David,

it only appears when I try to export in .xls.
20.000. Are you sure? I already exportet more than 1 billion lines, but anywhere must be a limit and a reason, why Celonis changes the format to a complex number.

Hi Carina,

it only appears when I try to export in .xls.

The issue you are facing “Failed Code 500”, is connected to “Nested Variables”.

Unfortunately, these are not supported to Export, but there are two ways to get the Export run:

• Hide the respective column by the eye symbol. or
  • Using the “Saved Formulas” option. Find the PDF attached.

c0610e67632e838d70103454252f074559638530.pdf (1.4 MB)

Regarding “20.000. Are you sure? I already exportet more than 1 billion lines, but anywhere must be a limit and a reason, why Celonis changes the format to a complex number”

Did you had a look at your configuration? Probably the “Raw data limit” has been upgraded.

I was also able to reproduce the Count output on my side, it is related to the following:

When you insert For Example: 1 000 000 000 000 000 000, the Formatting of the Application detects a high number and changes the Format to “,e”,
The result will look like:

To get the full number shown, easily change the Format back to “,f” or use one of the available Format in “Formatting”.

You can also use any available d3-format (https://github.com/d3/d3-format), as Celonis can process it.

Hope this helps getting the issue solved

Best,
David