Troughput-Time displays massively wrong results

Hey Celonis Community,

If I want to show the average TPT between different steps in the Process Explorer the TPT shown should be around 1 to 30 days, instead it is now around Billions and Millions of days (see attachted file). (Same applies for the median TPT and the trimmed Median TPT as well as if I calculate the TPT by myself.)

Is anybody else having this problem or can help me out?
Thanks a lot!
Jonas

Hello Jonas,

did you already check the timestamp values in an OLAP table? I assume that something went wrong in event collection (wrong datetime pattern at csv upload for example), and that the timestamps you see in the analysis are not the ones you expect.
So could you check if the values in the timestamp column in the analysis look fine?

Cheers
David

Hi David,

thanks a lot for your reply. I think it has to do something with the calculation of the TPT.
I filtered for only one case with a very long TPT (see first screenshot) with the following normal TPT formula:

AVG(CALC_THROUGHPUT(ALL_OCCURRENCE[‘Process Start’] TO ALL_OCCURRENCE[‘Process End’], REMAP_TIMESTAMPS(“Activitytable_VK_RoW_xlsx_Tabelle1”.“ERSTELLUNG”, DAYS, MONDAY 08:00 - 17:00 TUESDAY 08:00 - 17:00 WEDNESDAY 08:00 - 17:00 THURSDAY 08:00 - 17:00 FRIDAY 08:00 - 17:00)))

When looking at this case in detail, i found that the timestamps associated with the different activities were detected very accurately from the data I uploaded (see second Screenshot). It would also surprise me a lot as I was working for weeks with the same data and analyses without any problems and now it somehow changed the TPT (the rest like No. of Cases or Activities is still being calculated fine).

Do you have further suggestions for me to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!!
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

okay, thanks a lot! We will investigate this, it indeed looks like a bug.

Can you please check one more thing: Do you have a calendar enabled in the data model (the customized calendar, for example)? And can you quickly disable it to see if the problem is related to this?

Thanks and BR
David

Hi David,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I just deactivated the calendar in the Data model and forced a complete reload. The TPT now displays normal values again, so the issue seems to be related to the calendar.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
Jonas

Hello Jonas,

thanks for your help! We are currently fixing the issue and we hope that we can provide it soon. I will let you know as soon as it should be fixed. Until then, unfortunately you need to keep the calendar deactivated.

Best
David

Hi David,

I checked again yesterday and you seem to have fixed it, the TPT calculation works again with the customized calendar.

Thanks a lot for your help and your effort!

Best
Jonas

1 Like

Hi Jonas,

great! Thanks for your update :slight_smile:

Take care
David