The PTP model which we are working on has several major processes such as
- Standard Procurement
- Stock Transport Orders
- Drop Ship purchase orders (originated from Sales orders)
- Returns Purchase orders
- Inter-company purchase orders etc.
- International purchase orders
In order to see these processes separately under Celonis IBC cloud., we can develop Custom transformations. However we want to understand what is the best practice or recommended approach.
To elaborate the question - Let us consider example of one activity “Create purchase order item”
Is it recommended to create multiple activities - one for each process such as
- Create standard purchase order item
- Create stock transport order item
- Create Drop Ship purchase orders item
- Create Returns Purchase order item
- Create Inter-company purchase order item
- Create International purchase order item
Is it recommended to just use the common activity name “Create purchase order item” for all the above processes and use attributes such as document type, item category etc. to correctly identify the process?
Another alternative we are thinking is to create 6 dummy activities to denote starting point of 6 different processes which will come immediately after system’s “Process Start” and then the processes will flow through common activities thereafter. The first dummy activity after “Process Start” will tell which specific process is starting.
We will appreciate if anyone want to provide a feedback on the best practices or recommended approach to take in case of multiple processes.
NTT Data - PTP Lead