Process Forking in Conformance Process Model

Hey all,

I am trying to develop the process model to analyze conformance. In this process, the flow should fork based on certain criteria, like if it is an International or Domestic order. This information exists in our case table. I know a gateway can be used but can I specify go to path A if International or path B if Domestic.

Another question, if I define more than one Start to End processes in the process model, will Celonis be able to fit either model? For instance, I have two process flows that I’d consider conformant and I don’t care which it takes.

I apologize if these are fairly straightforward implementations, I am just not familiar with the BPMN syntax.

Thanks,
Karm

Hi Karm,

unfortunately it is currently not possible to set gateway logic based on attribute values. Please feel free to provide a feature request at our servicedesk@celonis.com!

Regarding your second question, you could define multiple possible process flows, when specifying a gateway modul right before the first activity, so that the process can possibly start with both activities, and set another gateway right before the end of both process flows.

Best,
Viana

Hi Karm,

only as an addition to what Viana has mentioned in a right way: A workaround would be to set up a second conformance model and each with a filter being applied (either by selection or as a background filter). In case you do not have to many forks you could work with this. Nonetheless this is highly appreciated feedback where I would encourage you to address this at our servicedesk@celonis.com.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to follow up here.

Best,
Manuel