Nested aggregate expressions in PQL

Hello,

I created the following saved formula “PAYMENT_IN_DISCOUNT_PERIOD” in order to calculate the percentage of vendor invoices which were paid within the discount period:

SUM(CASE WHEN PROCESS EQUALS ‘Clear Invoice’ TO ANY TO ‘Cash Discount Due Date passed’ THEN 1.0 ELSE 0.0 END)
/
SUM(CASE WHEN “BSEG”.“ZBD1P” > 0 THEN 1.0 ELSE 0.0 END)

Now I want to display the company code (=dimension) with the highest rate (=KPI) in an OLAP table. In order to get this result, I used the following statement:

MAX(KPI(“PAYMENT_IN_DISCOUNT_PERIOD”))

I always get the error that an aggregate expression cannot be nested in another aggregate expression. I know that I have to bring the aggregation in my saved formula to another level with an alias, but how does this work in PQL?

Best regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
You could simply sort decreasingly by the ratio and limit the OLAP table to one entry.
Best regards,
Pol

Hello Pol,

I did that for the time being, but I want this OLAP table to always display the best company of this KPI as a benchmark. But when I do it as you described, then users can still sort ascending or descending or filter with the search function even if I disable the selections in the options of the OLAP table.

Best regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

at the moment there’s unfortunately no other solution other than Pols suggested one.

Best regards,
Viana