Need a technical explanation how the communication and data flows between the On Premise Extractor and Celonis IBC

Looking for a technical explanation how the communication and data flows between the On Premise Extractor and Celonis IBC works. I know port 443 is used. It is not clear to me if information flows just from the Extractor to IBC only. Does any communication come from IBC to the Extractor? Is documentation available that covers communication and data flow between the on premise Extractor and the Celonis IBC?

Hey James,

Welcome to our community.

I think you are talking about our OnPrem Extractor Scenario with a Full Cloud Setup, so my answer will only cut on this topic.

Communication between the IBC and the OnPrem Extractor includes communication both ways, although very limited. The IBC only sends a pull-request to the Extractor and from then everything else is handled by the Extractor Server, including the data push of the parquet files into the event collection of the IBC.

For the exact documentation I would ask you to contact your Data Scientist / Customer Manager / Process Mining Consultant here at Celonis, as this is IP.

Thank you for your question,

Benedict