How to connect different Case IDs in one data set?

exchange

Hallo,

I would like to create a data set with data from SAP to an end-to-end-procurement-process for uploading to Celonis. But I run into the Problem, that for Purchasing the “leading” Case ID is the SAP table column EBELN, for Warehouse - MBLNR, for Accounting - BELNR, although it is always one and the same Case ID. I dont know, how can i connect all These numbers. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Greetings, Maria

1 Like

Hi Maria,

in a Celonis Data Model, you always follow one object through the process. For P2P it is the purchase order item, so in general you could look at all your purchasing items. If you know want to look at further process parts like Accounting, only Accounting Documents with corresponding PO will be shown in Celonis, because the object that we follow is the purchasing item.

However, it is possible to combine the three process domains within one Data Model, e.g. using the purchase or the accounting item as the object throughout the process. But keep in mind that documents which are not related to the used object will not be shown in Celonis.

Best regards,
Viana

Thank you, Viana! The Infomation is very helpful for me.

Ich habe created a dataset, that shows a strange timesequence. I have a lot of in my dateset. You can see an example on the screenshot below:

After lohn trying out i can not unterstand, why at the same date 12:31 is early as 1:55.

Thank you very much for your help,

Best regards,
Maria

Hi Maria,

which Celonis Version do you use? Does it change anything when you click on the activity within the case explorer to expand the details?

Kind regards,
Viana

Hi Maria,
12:00 PM is noon in the 12-our clock format, i.e. 12:31 PM is happening before 1:55 PM. Please check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock for more details.
Best regards,
Pol

Dear Viana and Pol,

thank you very much. I understand now, why times looks so in Celonis.
When i click on the activity within the case explorer to expand the details, it happens nothing.
And I have an academic version of Celonis.

The problem ist, that I have a lot of cases, that have only a date and no time of date. Celonis gives the time 12:00 for cases with no time of date. But some cases in my dateset have a time of day (you see it on my picture above). From now i will keep in mind, that hier 12:00 = 00:00. Thank you for information.

I would like to know, if it is possible to chage of the 24-our clock format in my academic Celonis version. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Maria

Hallo,

it is very ecxiting to make practical experiences with Celonis. During my analysiswork I have noticed, that there are some difference between number of uploaded tables (left - mine, right - from celonis training):

did i understand correctly that with the full version of celonis the number of tables would be higher as one? Thank you for Information.

Best regards,
Maria

Hi Maria,

the list of tables that you see in your analysis are the tables that you have in your data model. That means that you currently have one table which contains data from your excel file.
The training data is based on P2P demo data which comes from an SAP ERP System, so you have the basic SAP P2P tables within your data model.
When adding more tables to your data model, you will see more tables in your analysis.

Best regards,
Viana

You can indeed load multiple tables into your Celonis datamodel, and connect them.
However, as far as I understand, you are limited to select one table as your activity table, and optionally, but at most 1, table as your case table.

So for an activity or case you can connect additional information (in Maria’s example you can count the number of warehouse entries for each purchasing entry if purchase entries are activity/case), but unfortunately you cannot have activities (or cases) spread over multiple tables.

Hi Viana and joosbuijs,
thank you very much for help. That was important informations for me. I have tried with a few tables and different sturktures of tables a lot of times. Unfortunately it is not possible with more as one table. Celonis cant “see” more than one. I dont know why, but i suppose that academic version is different as full Celonis version, i dont know.
Best regards,
Maria

Hi Maria,

there is no restriction for the number of tables that can be added to a datamodel in the academic version. You should be able to see all uploaded tables in the Data Model Editor. It might be necessary to reload the datamodel after uploading a second table.

Please let me know if you still have trouble uploading tables.

Best regards,
David