We recently started using Celonis and I’ve read through the documentation but couldn’t find a solution for my issue.
Our company is divided into districts but the data tables coming from SAP do not contain those divisions. Is there a way to create a filter to select a group of instances from another filter?
For example, if in the district filter I select NorthEast, it would select Albany and Allentown but not the others.
It is possible to define your own groups to use in dropdowns. Here is a step by step guided to how you could do it:
- Create two Variables, with names like DISTRICT_NAME and DISTRICT_MEMBERS (see attached picture: find analysis settings)
Click on the three lines top right -> Analysis settings -> Variables -> Create new variables
- Make a button drop down and select “Manual Input”
- Click on “Add drop down entry”, give Button title the name of your first district and set “Button Action” to “Set Variable”.
- That will make a box called “New Variable” appear. Set “Variable” to “DISTRICT_NAME”. In the box next to “set value” write the name of your first district.
- Click on “Add another variable”. Set “Variable” to “DISTRICT_MEMBERS” and in the “set value” box right the names of the cities you would like to group into the district. Note it is very important that you write the name exactly as it is recorded in your dataset. The names need to be written in single quotation marks and separated with commers. E.g. for your example:
In the drop down entry for the district NorthEast you’d write
Into the set values box for DISTRICT_NAME
‘ALNY – Albany’,’ALPA – Allentown’
Into the set values box for the DISTRICT_MEMBERS
- Repeat 3) to 5) for all other Districts
- (Optional) so that you know which district you have currently selected I recommend you give the button a name like “District: <%= DISTRICT_NAME %>”
- How you can use the Districts in your analysis. One way to do this would be to add a component filter to a Component so that only cases from the selected district are included in the calculation of the KPIs. The syntax you would use for this is:
FILTER "TABLE CONTAING CITY NAMES"."COLUMN CONTAINING CITY NAMES" IN(<%= DISTRICT_MEMBERS %>);
I hope this helps
Thank you for your quick reply!
I have followed the process up until step 8 and connecting it to a component. What I would like to do is use this drop down button to autoselect locations in a existing button with the following:
I assume the syntax I’m looking to add would be in the button below.