When your company want to go for a digital roadmap process mining surely gives you some nice “anker points” to start that journey
For me there are two basic ankerpoint which can be answered with process mining:
- Is the process stabile (and this masterdatea etc.)? Meaning you have a few variants covering most of your business.
- Do we have many simple customer? Meaning you pick up “easy” orders with high frequency and have low position items within the order. These one are probably good candidates for a webshop or maybe a RPA initiative for example.
Below you find a Distribution graph we made counting the amount of items per sales order.
We also did this with we value distirbution.
In a second step we setup a table with fixed interval with 2 drop down columns to be able to slice through the data the find for example and look for pattern:
- Which ordertype has only one position;
- Is it releated to the product hierachie?
- Do we see difference between the companies?
- etc. etc.
It will give you a wealth of data to make the right fact based descision.
Maybe other have such goodies as well…