Follow-up platform to support Process Mining outcome action items

exchange
customer

Hi everyone, my first post here. I am happy to join this community.
At Beiersdorf we are just at the very beginning and starting our project with Process Mining & Celonis. I have one question in mind and would like your insights and experience exchange. When you implemented Process Mining or even now, have you also put a platform in place where different departments, functions, regions and so on place their findings to derive action items? Example: we find a process bottleneck topic in order to cash (as it can have many in different areas), do you have any special platform, approach to address, follow-up and close the topics comparing with the initial x new results? As we are starting the project, we would like to brainstorm on that, because one thing (which is already huge) is to introduce globally the tool, the other one is how to support / sustain to make it really livable and really generate benefits that can be measured afterwards. In addition, also a platform where if one region found something, perhaps this region could look at this platform to look if someone found the same case. On corporate level, perhaps if the same topic is popping in many places, it is a call for action on global or region scale, just thinking. I don`t know, it could be a common “issue list” for all departments and so on, but interesting to understand how is handled out there. It would be nice if you could share your experiences. I am very happy to e-exchange with you.

Hi Luiz,

Welcome to the community.
We are using actively Celonis since Oktober 2017.
Before we did anything we looked at what Celonis had and we setup our Userstories to get a good understanding .You need to describe:
As a… (Role) ; I want… (Goal); So that … (Reason) and Define acceptance criteria.
We did this for the Epics/topic;

1. Dashboards / Reporting
  2. Process Discovery and Social Networks
  3. Process Simulation / Replay;
  4. Configuration and Sopftware Change
  5. Authorisation

We ended up with 13 User Stories and about 50 Acceptance criteria
We only had 2 roles:

1. Cross-Company manager / Global BPO;
  2. Local Manager / local BPO (we found that our Keyuser match the local BPO

When you do this you will find out that Process Mining make most sense if you can learn from each other. It does not male sense to protect data amoung the companies (we have anonymised Users anyway).
We have special Management Cockpits since they only want to compare the Process Performance Indicators (PPI) among all entities. For each PPI we have spezialised Cockpits to analyse the topic. We also use them to find bottlenecks, Although this is very difficult topic in Celonis since the replay is very bad compared to other solutions.
The nice thing of have a cross company approach is that you also start to be focussed on the “real” issues and savings potentials. We use for that purpose, a real great function which are the input variables. You then can setup target values for for example Touchrate per Case and if you want you can mutiply the actual difference with time and money (both input variables). We have one table across all companies with two dimensions which we can change by a dropdown. Additionally, one Column in the table represents the amount of touches to be saved (compared to the target) , the next one the amount of hours and if needed even the amount of money.
This sclicing through the data with a “double dropdown” is essential to us. Many of the saving potentials are product or company related (many manual steps).
We have setup a complet Process cost analysis / Capacity planning and also a PPI Target Fullfillment Cockpit. Last one is a real reporting within Celonis to see how many procent of the target values have been reached.

Above all outcome from our Userstories: just start with it without thinking about Celonis at all / too much…

Have fun!

Hans

Hey @luizgeraldi,
something that might help you with this is our Transformation Center.
In the Transformation Center, you can work with OKRs (I am sure you heard of it).
You can define one or more Objectives (e.g. an initiative) and then attach several KPIs to it, to make the success of the initiative measurable. The Transformation Center will then track those KPIs over time and you will see if your initiative actually leads to the planned results. It is also possible to collaborate with your colleagues and discuss on the platform.

Another thing that comes to mind is our Action Engine. The Action Engine allows you to operationalize the insights you made and assign concrete action items.
You can check it out in the following video:

What do you think? Do you think this will help you achieve what you want?
Best
Nicolas

Dear @luizgeraldi,
Welcome to the community.

I totally understand what you mean. The way we have structured our activities along the key success formula is:

Transparency / Technology: Process Mining by Celonis
+
Project Management: Lean dedicated team of experts w/ global responsibility and top management empowerment
+
Performance: Digital Fit Rate - a new KPI to measure Process Performance

But of course, the secret ingredient as foundation is something much more simple: Watch it here!

Regarding your question how we track our activities within our team with the stakeholders is as attached a small video about our Kanban Board: https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/business6/uploads/celonis4/original/1X/98b46e564beab9f4dcaf026aed266f742432109d.mp4**strong text**

Hi Hans, thanks a lot for your reply. It is a great insight. It is definitely in the direction of community and learning from each other that we also think it generates more value. It is good to hear others working in the same direction. We are just structuring our work internally and will definitely that this a lot in consideration, thanks for that.

Hi Nicolas, definitely. That is something I was thinking about, how to find one opportunity, set-up and action for it and follow up until the process is improved, I think we need to ask Celonis for more details about it. I will definitely talk to our contact partner. Thank you!!!

Hi Thi, very nice success story. I loved the video, congratulations to Siemens. What is this software for Kanban board? We are using “Planner” within O365 for Kanban boards, but in smaller teams, however it looks the one you shared is more powerful. I would also like very much to hear more how the Digital Fit Rate works and is calculated, could you please give more insights?

It’s homegrown - we call it MWP for Meeting Work Place. Since the Lanes and Swimlanes are flexible it adds value to the business very easily without having to be a Scrum Master (though accidentally I am :wink: ).
I think any tool can work as long as it is easy to use and the organization accepts it easily, too!

Hi @luizgeraldi,

welcome to our online Community!
What might be interesting in your case is the free upcoming Webinar on the Action Engine with our experts from product management here:
https://webinar.celonis.com/action_engine_introduction_31/
or
https://webinar.celonis.com/action_engine_introduction_07/

Apart from that we will have dedicated sessions on action engine and how to derive actions from process mining at our CELOSPHERE19 in April.

Best Regards
Manuel Meindl