FILTER with COUNT

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to make a filter based on a count of an attribute of a table. However, I got the error that I can’t filter with an aggregation function. With this in mind, can someone clarify me how can I circumvent the fact that it is not possible to filter based on aggregation functions?

Thank you in advance,
Catarina Amaral

Hi Catarina,

the count is probably related to some kind of filtered information? Can you please provide a specific example so that I can answer your question in more detail.

Thanks and best regards,
Viana

Hi Viana,

Thanks for your reply.

I have my activity table where I have column A and B. What I want to do is know the number of elements of A that have associated more than 1 element of B. In this way, I used the component ‘Number’ with the following formula ‘COUNT (DISTINCT “ACTIVITIES”. “A”)’. To get not only the number of elements of A, but the number of elements of A with more than 1 element of B I thought of filtering the component with the following formula 'FILTER COUNT (DISTINCT “ACTIVITIES”. “B”) > 1 '. However, I got the error that I can not filter with an aggregation function. Can you tell me what I should do to get the result I want?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Catarina Amaral

Hi Catarina,

the best solution for your example is to write your condition directly in the KPI. The PQL code would look like that:

CASE WHEN COUNT(DISTINCT “ACTIVITIES”.“B”) > 1 THEN COUNT(DISTINCT “ACTIVITIES”.“A”) ELSE NULL END

Please let me know if that works for you.

Best Regards,
Viana