Column Chart - payment terms changes

Hello
I am trying to create a column chart that captures the changes in payment terms from one term to another term. EX: first bar in the chart has a count of PO items that changed from 1064 > 1058 and so on…

Current the chart i have works fine and displays all the bars of different combinations of payment term FROM>TO.
Chart component filter: FILTER “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Change Payment Terms’;
Demension: “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_FROM”|| ’ > ’ ||"_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES".“CHANGED_TO”
KPI: COUNT_TABLE(“EKPO”)

i wanted to have two dropdowns that allows the users to pick a specfic payment from and specfic payment term to. I have added two button dropdowns (Change from payment term & Change to payment term) with the same component filter as above. However when trying use these dropdowns to filter the chart to only show a specific payment term from>to change, the chart is not updating and remains at showing all bars.

Dropdown1 formula: “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_FROM”
Dropdown2 formula: “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_TO”

Hi Neel,

I was able to make it work and it’s not clear to me where exactly your problem is coming from. So, I’m going to go through how I did it step by step. Then if you recognize where my implementation differs from yours you may be able to fix it yourself or at least narrow down which step is causing the problem so we can tackle that head on together.

Here’s what I did, written in bold are the steps where I suspect the difference in our implementations might lie:

1. Create an OLAP table. With same dimensions and KPI as yours.

2. Create two variables “Changed_from” and “Changed_to”

3. Create two button drop downs: One loads entries from “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_FROM” and writes the values to the variables to the variable “Changed_from”. Set the separator to “,” (comma) and the wrapping character to “’” (single quotation mark). I also selected “Allow multiple Selections” and " Component is not filtered with selections".

4. Select one or more payment term from both the drop downs (it’s important that the variables have a value saved to them or the next step won’t work).

5. Add Component filters:

"FILTER “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN” = ‘Change Payment Terms’;

FILTER “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_FROM” IN (<%= Change_from %>);

FILTER “_CEL_P2P_ACTIVITIES”.“CHANGED_TO” IN (<%= Change_to %>);"

If you try replicating my implementation and it still doesn’t work, then please write back with screen shots.

Best wishes,

Calandra