Cases where XYZ is Involved - filter

Hello,

PI social has a nice filter feature called “View cases in” that converts into “Cases where XYZ is involved” filter. It seems to be a kind of attribute filter but I cannot find it and use it directly without PI social.

Any ideas for a workaround (Cel 4.2)?

Thanks!

Jani

3 Likes

Hello,

If I understand you correctly then ‘XYZ’ is the name of the user you want to filter on?

I would suggest the following work around.

1. Create a new variable (for example with the name ‘USERS’).

You can find do this by opening Analysis settings and going to the variables tab.

1. Create a Button Dropdown component.

Select Load entries and write “[insert name of your activity table]”.“USER_NAME” in the black box. Next to write to variable, select your new variable. If you also want to filter the analysis on this tab by user then it is is very important you tick the box next to ‘Component not filtered with selections’.

If you want to be able to select more than one name at a time then it is necessary to set the separator to “,” (Comma) and the wrapping characters to “’” (single quotation mark). You will also need to tick the box next to ‘Allow multiple selections’.

If you add an appropriate title then the button should look like this:

1. Open the sheet options on your case explorer tab (by clicking on the little wheel next to the tab name).

In the black box under "load entries" write:

FILTER "[Insert name of your activity table]"."USER_NAME" IN(<%= USERS %>)

Now the case explorer will only show cases where at least one activity has been carried out by one of the users you selected in the drop down.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Calandra (Celonis Data Science Team)

1 Like

Thanks Calandra for the workaround :slight_smile:

This filters nicely activities with user name, but I would like filter just cases not activities.

Like this

Hi,

You can modify filter formula. Use can use something like
FILTER PU_SUM(“your cases table”, 1, “your activity table”.“USER_NAME” = ‘Neste ERP COE DATA’) > 0 in order to filter cases.

Or something more complex in your load script in order to get nicer input in the top bar
SELECT PINNED
CASE WHEN FILTER PU_SUM(“your cases table”, 1, “your activity table”.“USER_NAME” = ‘Neste ERP COE DATA’) > 0 THEN ‘Involved’ ELSE ‘Not involved’ END

1 Like

Thanks!

This looks classy, need to test it

Jani

Hi nicks.si,

Thanks for your great solutions. I just wanted to highlight that the SELECT PINNED statement will not be supported by CPM4.5 onwards as we replaced it with the possibility to share analyses with pinned selections in User Interface.

Kind regards,
Max