Bar Chart - Throughput time and Cases (KPIs) per Rework (Dimension)

Hey,
I’m trying a different approach towards rework to understand how adding more technicians to a system - “Assign Technician”, impacts the overall response time to a new ticket.

I can filter the chart for it to only assume this activity, but I’m finding some troubles in building the rework section as a dimension.

CASE WHEN
ACTIVATION_COUNT(“LogFile-CelonisReady_xlsx_Sheet1”.“ACTIVITY”) = 1 THEN ‘One technician’
ACTIVATION_COUNT(“LogFile-CelonisReady_xlsx_Sheet1”.“ACTIVITY”) = 2 THEN ‘2 Tech’
ACTIVATION_COUNT(“LogFile-CelonisReady_xlsx_Sheet1”.“ACTIVITY”) = 3 THEN ‘3 Tech’
ACTIVATION_COUNT(“LogFile-CelonisReady_xlsx_Sheet1”.“ACTIVITY”) = 4 THEN ‘4 Tech’
ACTIVATION_COUNT(“LogFile-CelonisReady_xlsx_Sheet1”.“ACTIVITY”) = 5 THEN ‘5 Tech’
ELSE ‘More than 5 Tech’
END

Then I wanted to see per dimension how many cases is this happening and the average ticket solving time to understand if the entropy of changing/Adding a new technician does have an implication in the overall process performance.

If the code work I could try to do the same to study the overall change in processing time when the ticket goes back in processing - has more than one “Close Ticket” activity in the flow. Could be interesting for everyone looking to give greater attention to how rework influences certain business metrics.

Is there a different approach, code-wise, to solve this dimension issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best Regards,
Francisco

Does anyone have feedback on this point?

Thanks!
Francisco

Dear Francisco,

thanks for reaching out. Assuming you the Activity holds the name of the technician, you could approach this as follows.

Create a table with the dimension (Please replace Table Names to your convenience):
Dimension 1 - “ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN”
Dimension 2 - INDEX_ACTIVITY_TYPE(“ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN”)

and the add then KPIs which reflect your Business Metrics, e.g.
KPI 1 - AVG(CALC_THROUGHPUT(ALL_OCCURRENCE[‘Process Start’] TO ALL_OCCURRENCE[‘Process End’], REMAP_TIMESTAMPS(“ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”, DAYS)))

This enables you to filter for cases with the activity occurring for a specific occurrence. Of course, you can group them to your liking with case when statements or in the component.

You find more info and details in the Product Documentation under the PQL statement INDEX_ACTIVITY_TYPE, which is replacing ACTIVATION_COUNT.

Hope this helps and Happy Process Mining.

Best, Anton

Thank you very much for your reply Anton. In my case the technician is added every time another activity occurs - Assign to Technician (which I used in the component filter, so the system only counts for rework in this specific activity).
The name of the technician is an event-level data point, not for the entire case (at least in the data columns).

Perfect fit your solutions. Really appreaciated it!

Best!
Francisco