Abstract reference to an attribute of the table

Hello,

I would like to know, if it is possible to use an “abstract reference” to a specific attribute for the calculation of the throughput times.

image .

Lets say my event log looks like on the picture and I am interested in calculating of the average throughput time for the Fall_ref values. Each case ID can have multiple Fall_ref’s, so the formula with specific Fall_refs makes no sence.

For example I would need to calculate:
(troughput(from A to B for Fall_ref=1111)+ troughput(from A to B for Fall_ref=1112)+troughput(from A to B for Fall_ref=2255)+troughput(from A to B for Fall_ref=2794))/4

What i want is
calculate AVG(throughput(A to B belonging to the same Fall_ref)).

Is it possible?

Thank you!

I am not aware of the easy way. The complex way will be to create additional table with list of all Fall_refs and link it to event log. After that you can use pu_first(“fall_refs_table”, event time) and pu_last to calculate throughput

Thank you, I think this solution will be optimal in our case!

Dear DrWindy,

What is the use case behind your question?
Thanks!

Have fun!
Hans.

We want to track the processing times (throughput times) for the correspondence-with-client documents over all contracts we have:)

Hi, we found a partial solution to the problem with the help of the TARGET/SOURCE function. So we used the following filters:

FILTER SOURCE("ACTIVITIES"."Fall_Ref") = TARGET("ACTIVITIES"."Fall_Ref");

FILTER SOURCE(“ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN”) = ‘A’;

FILTER TARGET(“ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_EN”) = ‘B’;

The KPI would be

TARGET(REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("_CEL_AP_ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", DAYS)) - SOURCE(REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("_CEL_AP_ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", DAYS))

However, we have a roblem that some Fall_Refs disappear though they flow through both activities ‘A’ and ‘B’. The next problem, is that we what to know, which Fall_refs have no activity ‘B’ and how long it has been since the activity ‘A’ in this case.
Any ideas??

Best,
Maria

Update:
the disappearing Fall_refs were the result of the eventsequence, i.e. if we have an Case with 3 File_refs (FL1, FL2, FL3) in the following sequence:
A(FL1)-B(FL1)-A(FL2)-A(FL3)-B(FL3)-B(FL2) then we will find only FL1 and FL3 in our table, as activities A and B for these Fall_refs directly follow each other. So we used the fact that the activities A and B can occur only once per Fall_ref and applied the following for the OLAP-Table
filter
FILTER “ACTIVITIES”.“ACTIVITY_DE” IN (‘A’, ‘B’)
dimensions
“ACTIVITIES”.“Case_ID”
“ACTIVITIES”.“Fall_ref”
KPI
MAX(REMAP_TIMESTAMPS(“ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”, DAYS)) - MIN(REMAP_TIMESTAMPS(“ACTIVITIES”.“EVENTTIME”, DAYS))

If only event A or B takes place for some CASE_ID, the value of the KPI is 0 (A and B can’t occur on the same day)

Best,
Maria

P.S. we r grateful to CELONIS Support Team for the idea

Hello,

I have a similar issue as well,but I want to do this calculation on a Single KPI

If I remove dimentions, it’s not correctly calculate anymore. Is there a way to solve it ?

The Problem in our case is to track the DOCIDs…if u remove the DOCID-Dimension you stop referencing single DOCIDs :frowning: I dont have any solution to that unfortunatelly. Would be, however, interested in it.

Good luck!
Maria

Hi,
If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the two dimensions and the cycle time should be averaged? In Celonis 4.5 you will be able to use Domain_Table Pull Up functions, where you could use something like

AVG(
PU_MAX(DOMAIN_TABLE("ACTIVITIES"."CASE_KEY","ACTIVITIES"."Fall_Ref"), REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", days), "ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY_DE"
IN ('A' , 'B'))
-
PU_MIN(DOMAIN_TABLE("ACTIVITIES"."CASE_KEY","ACTIVITIES"."Fall_Ref"), REMAP_TIMESTAMPS("ACTIVITIES"."EVENTTIME", days), "ACTIVITIES"."ACTIVITY_DE"
IN ('A' , 'B'))
)

This would allow you to get the average of the throughput times of each Case_Key + Fall_Ref.
Best regards
Viana